Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Anticipation


A few months ago we thought this day would never arrive. Now it is here and I might be freaking out a little bit! I have been waiting in anticipation to find out where in the world we are going to be living. It's all we talk about at work. My co-worker Shawn jokes that Chad is definitely where we will be going. Then when we did the office drawing, he randomly picked Chad. I really hope he doesn't win. But it has been fun to speculate.

I am a bit worried that while I have been very open to all of the places on our list, I have really been hoping for one in particular... Rome. I have told myself time after time to not get my hopes up. We only have 1 in 20 chance of actually getting it, and I dont know that we are that lucky! But last night I saw the movie Eat, Pray, Love and she spends a lot of time in Rome and I started fantasizing about living there. I realized at that moment it was a bad idea for me to see this movie. So I had a bit of a breakdown, but am doing much better this morning.

It is a big step. One that I have not been nervous about for one minute. But as the Flag Day Countdown on the blog gets smaller and smaller, my lungs feel a bit like they are closing in on me. I am sure that the moment they call our post and Lee goes up there to get the flag, it will be a relief and time of celebration. Like I have said from the beginning, it will be an adventure no matter where we go. I just hope it is somewhere that some of you will want to come visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment