Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Katie's Virtual Baby Shower

Saturday evening I had a "virtual baby shower!"  My good friend Janaya in DC had been secretly planning this shower with the help of Lee and my mom.  When I found out about it a few weeks ago, I was so shocked!  I just figured that since I lived so far away, I was going to have to miss out on the whole shower thing.  I was pretty bummed about it, but what could I do.  So when I got the Evite for the shower, I think I cried for almost an hour.  And of course, Lee laughed at me! 

Everyone was asked to send their gift by a certain day so that it would all get here in time for the shower.  So packages had been coming in for over a week and it was so hard not to open them!  We stuck them in the garage so I wouldnt be tempted. 

The plan was to do a video conference through Skype while I opened my presents, but they werent exactly sure it was going to work.  Plus the time difference created a bit of a challenge.  But they got the video conference to work and those that were able signed in and were "there" with me as I opened all my gifts!

Janaya sent a box of decorations, so Lee got those put up and then we were off to the races.  Lee's mom Sherry, my sister Heather, Janaya, and Cheryl were all on the video call celebrating with me.  It was great to see familiar faces and to share in this exciting time with great friends and family. 

We have been so spoiled with gifts and are so thankful to everyone that contributed to this fun event!  I have the best friends in the world and I dont know if they will ever know how much all of this meant to me. 

Lee took some pictures to share with those that couldnt be there.  They arent too cute, but I will post them anyway!  I am too bloated for cute pictures at this point.
Screenshot Janaya took... you can tell cause she is the only one smiling!!
















Again, thanks to everyone that sent something and a HUGE thank you to Janaya for organizing this.  Love you all!  Next time you hear from us, we will probably be posting about the birth of our little girl.  I saw the doctor yesterday and she said if I dont go into labor by Sunday, she is going to have me induced on Monday night!  So sometime in the next week, we will be PARENTS!  Luckily my parents are here to help because I dont have a clue what I am doing. 

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! I am so sorry I missed the Skype event of the year. I think about you like everyday and miss you! Love to you and I am gonna MAKE you skype with me after that beautiful baby girl is born!

    ReplyDelete