Sunday, October 30, 2011

A True African Baby



If you have ever been to Africa, you have most likely seen the black women walking around with babies tied to their backs.  We have all of these fancy contraptions to carry our babies in, but they just use towels or blankets.  Most of the maids will carry around the babies at the homes they work in, while they do their work.  And Kinley just got old enough to be carried!

Our maid, Magdeline stayed with us this weekend to babysit because we had a wedding on Friday and Saturday.  So she thought we would try out carrying Kinley and see how she liked it.  Luckily I was home to capture her first "ride."  I had previously voiced my concerns with Magdeline about how I worry that the babies are just going to fall right out of the bottom of the towel.  But she assured me, "No!  They dont fall out.  I dont know why, but they just dont!"  I guess I just have to trust!  AHHH!

Hold on!


No comments:

Post a Comment