Monday, February 20, 2012

Fun family time

I dont brag about Lee enough.  But I must say that I have been super impressed with him lately.  He has become somewhat of a Pork Master!  He decided to build a smoker, since they dont exist her in SA and he was missing ribs. 
Pretty impressive, right?

The first night he tried it out I forgot to take pictures.  But he made a great pork shoulder that cooked overnight for 12 hours!  Then a few days later he made me a wonderful grilled pork tenderloin for V-day (obviously not on the smoker, but this still works in with the Pork Master bit).  And then yesterday he smoked some ribs!

He has been researching and reading on the best way to do it and it has been really fun for us as a family.  And here is the finished product:
If my dad had cooked those my mom would definitely yell at him that they were burnt!  But they werent!  Just dark with yummy smoky flavor! Cant wait to see what he makes next.

Then today, since Lee had off for Presidents Day, we decided to check out the Pretoria Zoo.  All in all, it was good.  Kinley was very tired and didnt last long, so we didnt get to see everything.  But it was nice to get out and do something together.  But the funniest part of the entire trip was that as we were driving to the zoo to see animals, we saw Giraffe and Zebra about 5 minutes from our house.  Sometimes I forget I live in Africa!  But I am grateful for moments like that to remind me.
Kinley with the Scarlett Ibis' in the background


Watching the elephant roll around

With the giraffes

No comments:

Post a Comment