Monday, March 4, 2013

Merry Christmanewyears! (Part 2)

We have our big Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve and every year, Santa shows up with goodies for the kids! 


We enjoy lots of yummy food and time with our family!
Turner with Blake and Madeline


Mommy and Kinley's stockings
Add caption
Christmas morning in the Turner household starts with all the kids (usually lined up from youngest to oldest) on the stairs. Kinda hard to see Turner because of the garland, but you get the idea!  Kinley was very excited to come down to see what "HO!" had brought. Unfortunately Turners little giraffe toy was the first thing she saw, so we had to coax her away to see her stocking and Hello Kitty car! 


We were surprised at how excited she was for all of the presents she got (WAY TOO MANY of course).  Usually kids just fixate on one or two things, but she enjoyed all of them, so that made it fun.

 But the most special gift was the first one Kinley and I got to open!  Many years ago when I was in a sewing class in college, I made a coat and hat for my niece Claire.  Little did I know, she kept the coat and gave it to Kinley this year.  She wrote the sweetest note and made me cry.  It was too big for Kinley this year, so luckily she will get to wear it for a few years to come! Unfortunately, we didnt get a good picture, and that makes me sad.  Next winter, we will have to get a cute picture of her and Claire with the coat.  **Thanks Claire!  It still makes me cry every time I think about it.  I promise to take good care of it so you can give it to your little girl one day!

Turner was a trooper during Christmas!  I dont think he was ever put down for more than the 1 minute it took to change his diaper.  He just took it all in and slept a lot!!







Kinley spent a lot of time serving tea, drinking tea in her ball pit and playing with her bubble "leaf blower."





She loves her owl hat and mitts that daddy gave her

We are grateful for the time we were able to spend with both of our families over Christmas!  Thanks for all of the love, kisses and snuggles!


No comments:

Post a Comment