Monday, August 22, 2011

Baby Blessing and more

Kinley is over 2 months old and in our church we usually bless babies once they are a couple of weeks old.  We decided to wait until grandma and grandpa Carnell were here to witness it.  Kinley looked adorable in her dress and was in such a happy mood all morning.  But of course, as soon as it was time for the blessing, she got cranky and she cried through the entire thing!  Lee did a great job although he was extremely distracted by the crying.



Why did mommy iron when I had to get in the carseat?!



We had to take Kinley in for her 2 month shots today.  I think it was worse for me than her.  I was tearing up before I even walked in the doctors office door.  She screamed like a champ, but it wasnt as bad as I was expecting.  And we found out that she now weighs 9 lbs 5 oz!  So she is growing.  I cant believe how much she has already changed in 2 months.  Here are some recent pics of her:
Such a sweet face.  And her favorite hobby is blowing bubbles

2 months old

This is her first dress
 We couldnt find tights here, but there is a lady at the market that makes doll clothes and she had tights!  So I thought they might fit since she is so small.  I was wrong!  I could only get them halfway up her thighs.  So I cut them apart, sewed up each leg and then she had thigh-highs!  Of course the next day we got a package from my mom and what was inside?  TIGHTS!  Just one day too late. 
Thigh-highs

Too big, but too cute not to wear!

Laying on the quilt Ann Weatherly made




1 comment:

  1. wow! she is adorable! Love the thigh highs and homemade bagels...AMAZING! Jane was blessed at the ripe ol age of 4 1/2 months...she looked like a toddler up there. Kinley is a beauty...and 2 months already. Crazy how fast they grow!

    ReplyDelete